The San Diego 4 Wheelers is a family-oriented organization dedicated to to the promotion and participation in safe and responsible off-highway four wheel drive activities. Our mission is to support like-minded individuals in sharing the off-road experience in Southern California. We promote the responsible exploration, enjoyment, and protection of both public and private lands; educate and enlist others to protect and restore the quality of the natural habitat; and enjoy camaraderie in the experience of nature. We respect all laws and are committed to ensuring that public and private lands are available to off-roading enthusiasts and others for generations to come.
The club meets the first Thursday of each month at 7:00 PM at the Automotive Museum in Balboa Park. A minimum of one run (usually more) per month is scheduled. Guests are always welcome at our meetings and runs. All vehicles must pass a safety inspection.
The Club schedules all types of runs:
- Hardcore runs to challenge the most built up vehicle and experienced driver.
- Scenic runs for stock vehicles and/or novice drivers.
- Instruction and training in 4 wheeling techniques (novice drivers welcome).
- Participation in all CA4WDC sanctioned events.
- Open to most types of 4WD vehicles with a wheelbase of 104″ or less.
We are a member of and work closely with the California 4 Wheel Drive Association (C4WDA). CA4WDA is a non-profit organization comprised of member clubs, individuals, and business firms united in a common objective — The betterment of vehicle oriented outdoor recreation. As a member, we abide by their regulations and safety requirements including vehicle and trail courtesy.
The Club is a proud supporter of the following organizations:
- California 4 Wheel Association
- Tread Lightly
- San Diego Off Road Coalition
- Blue Ribbon Coalition
- United Four Wheel Drive Associations
You may contact our Board of Directors for more information about the club.