Consumption of alcoholic beverages on the trail is illegal, dangerous, and strictly prohibited. Anyone violating this policy or any illegal activity will be barred from all club activities.
All vehicles must be street legal and maintained to conform to highway safety standards, as well as meet the minimum requirements listed below. Have the items ready to display at inspection.
Guests on Green runs must have all items marked with an *asterisk. Guests on Red, Double Red, or Black runs must have all items.
Members are required to have all items.
- *Roll bar or full cage or factory hard top.
- *Functioning parking brake or Mico lock.
- Tow strap or rope. No chains or straps with hooks. Recommend rated at 2 times vehicle weight.
- *First aid kit (what do you want when you are hurt?). It should be mounted/stored in an easily found and accessible location, so that someone not familiar with your vehicle could find it in a hurry.
- *Jack capable of lifting the vehicle and a tool capable of removing lug nuts (don't forget your wheel locks).
- *Spare tire equal to or within 3 inches (measured at the outside diameter) of existing tires on the vehicle; must be an appropriate off road type tread. No temporary spares.
- *Fire extinguisher with gauge indicating good, appropriately stored (not a missile hazard). Like the first aid kit, someone not familiar with your vehicle should be able to quickly find and access it.
- *Seat belts for driver and all passengers.
- *Antennas must not exceed 4'6" (54") in length except when longer antennas/whip are required by certain OHV areas.
- *Adequate attachment points front and rear, i.e., tow hooks, receiver, etc. NO TOW BALLS. Tow balls are generally rated for only 2,000 pounds, and that is when hooked to a trailer. They can come off with devastating results and are not recommended. Instead, for SUV's without a good tow hook attachment point, use the largest shackle or clevis (generally 1") which will fit in the tow ball hole on your stock bumper.
- *Battery hold downs; no bungee cords.
- Functional 40 Channel CB radio. Handheld (walkie-talkie) types are acceptable but not recommended.